Saturday 28 January 2012

Sacla Italian sauces and pastes

Freeloader house was alive with exclamations of 'mamma mia' and 'bellissimo' this week, as a host of tasty pastes and sumptuous sauces winged their way to my lair.
And what a box of delights they turned out to be.
Forget adverts featuring spaghetti-addicted puppets and comically stereotyped Italian accents (even the one you were doing when you read the first sentence of this post).
For real Italiano cuisine sack off the rest and go for Sacla (unless of course any other well-known saucepots want to sent me some of their wares).
Sacla has a fine range of condiments from tomato and parmesan cooking sauces, to tasty risotto sauce and a red wine infused Bolognese sauce featuring the beaming fizzog of erstwhile England rugby star Lorenzo Bruno Nero "Lawrence" Dallaglio.
And to say I was impressed-o with the pesto would be an understatement(-o).
Not just your whizzed up combo of basil, pine nuts and parmesan cheese here... nope, that's as much a cliche as:

"My wife's gone to Italy."

- "Genoa?"

"Of course I do, she's my wife."

No,  Sacla like to keep things a little more unpredictable, with their excellent sun dried tomato pesto.
And why not try pesto cheese on toast?
Feeling adventurous, I whipped up a recipe of my own, with sausages, using Sacla's tomato and basil sauce, and I have to say it was delicious.
The fresh-tasting, rich ingredients were a delight 
I will certainly be reaching for Sacla next time I fancy an Italian.
For recipes and more info, head over to Sacla's website: http://www.sacla.co.uk/
Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment